26 May 2020, Eindhoven, The Netherlands - CytoSMART Technologies today announced the launch of a new live-cell imaging system. The CytoSMART Lux2 Duo Kit offers a straightforward, cost-effective solution for researchers carrying out immediate side-by-side comparisons between cell cultures.
Said Jan-Willem van Bree, CTO at CytoSMART Technologies “Employing this two camera mini live cell imaging system is especially useful for stem cell research. Researchers can use the remote functionality of the CytoSMART cloud to gain insight into the current confluence levels on their phone. Over-growing of cultures is prevented, as is loss of stemness of the cell-line, ensuring optimal yield. The CytoSMART Lux2 Duo Kit allows you to inspect the colonies that are formed by iPSCs and the morphology of MSCs without setting foot in the lab. Reducing the time spent in the lab will be crucial for many groups that try to continue research while complying with the social distancing rules.”
“The CytoSMART Lux2 – Duo Kit is an compact automated system, specifically designed to operate from within CO2.
- incubators and hypoxia chambers. Two devices operate via a single laptop, saving precious lab space. Gathering real-time insight into the progression of cell growth is now completely non-invasive. Bright-field imaging is deployed to create real time time-lapse videos, accessible remotely. Samples are also imaged under identical conditions, providing a robust platform for unambiguous comparison between cell culture variables, retaining data integrity.”
The main features and benefits of the CytoSMART Lux2 Duo Kit include:
- Two sample stages for simultaneous side-by-side comparison
- Non-invasive, label-free image analysis
- Full remote access, no need to enter the lab to inspect cell cultures
- Cost-effective solution: two imaging devices connected to one laptop, including unlimited storage
For more information on CytoSMART Lux2 Duo Kit, visit official CytoSMART website.
About CytoSMART Technologies is a specialist in the development and manufacturing of smart microscope systems for life science labs. The company was founded in 2012 by a team of biologists and engineers who were convinced that a new generation of miniaturized microscopes, powered by artificial intelligence for image analysis, would allow biologists to make discoveries more efficiently and at scale.
In 2018 CytoSMART was selected by Microsoft for their prestigious Scale Up program.
CytoSMART’s microscopy solutions are used in over a thousand laboratories around the world.
Jan-Willem van Bree, CTO
+31 88 203 2200
Join CytoSMART on social media: