From standardization of imaging techniques to more reproducible and cost-effective organoid culture media
Organoids have the potential to revolutionize current drug discovery approaches, enhance the physiological relevance of in vitro disease models, and deliver on the promise of precision medicine. But, as with any new technology, there are a number of hurdles to overcome as pharma and biotech aim to scale up their organoid models and incorporate them routinely into their assay workflows.
CytoSMART and Qkine have partnered with organoid pioneers from both academia and industry to facilitate an open and collaborative discussion about the key challenges facing pharma and biotech companies as they approach this pivotal stage of their organoid R&D programs.
In this free webinar, we’ll be covering:
- The opportunities organoids offer and the challenges faced when scaling up applications, including standardization of imaging techniques
- The need for more reproducible, cost-effective, and chemically-defined organoid culture media to support the seamless transition from bench to clinical-based applications
- The latest imaging technologies from CytoSMART to enhance organoid research
- How Qkine is optimizing key organoid growth factors for more reproducible, animal-free organoid culture media
- Q&A session with organoid experts from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Stemnovate, and Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB)
Organoid webinar's details
- 1 hour 15 min including Q&A
- Free to register
Don’t miss out!
Organoid webinar's speakers
Dr. René M. Overmeer, Head of Assay Development & Automation at Hubrecht Organoid Technology. Presentation: "Reliable High throughput screening using organoids"
Dennis Plenker, Ph.D., Research Investigator Laboratory of Dr. David Tuveson, Technical Manager Organoid Facility. Presentation: "Human organoid growth conditions – from media to organoid cultures"
Dr. Ruchi Sharma, CEO & Founder Stemnovate Limited. Presentation: "Tissue engineering, organoids or organ systems: challenges and opportunities"
Organoid webinar's hosts
Dr. Inge Thijssen van Loosdregt, Field Application Engineer, CytoSMART. Presentation: "Enhancing organoid research using novel bright-field imaging devices"
Rob Nixon, Head of Commercial, Qkine. Presentation: "Re-defining growth factor & cytokine biochemical quality"